top of page


OCCD provides leadership in the development and operation of integrated and statewide professional development standards and systems. OCCD promotes professional development to achieve high quality care and education for children, and creates and supports training and education.

The Central Background Registry is maintained by the Office of Childcare (OOC). CBR enrollment is required for many educators and other childcare workers in Oregon.

The Early Learning Division - Office of Child Care (formerly known as the Child Care Division) assures the safety of children in care by licensing child care facilities and assessing child care complaints.

The Oregon Registry Online is a project of the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education. If you work in Oregon's childhood care and education field, use ORO to find training opportunities, complete a background check, track continuing education hours, and more.

All food service workers in Oregon are required to get a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work. Follow the above link for more information, or apply directly through either one of the two approved  providers: CCDS or CCCCRR.

Child care and education providers are among those persons who are mandatory reporters of suspected incidents of child abuse and neglect in the state of Oregon. This is a required training all providers working in licensed facilities and homes, as well as in-home, license exempt providers paid through DHS subsidy (ERDC/JOBS). Learn more about mandatory reporting here.


DCYF is the lead agency for state-funded services that support children and families to build resilience and health, and to improve educational outcomes. 

MERIT is the Workforce Registry and official system of record for early learning professionals in Washington State. It is an online system used to record and recognize the growth and achievements of the early learning field statewide. If you work provide childhood care and education in Washington, use MERIT to find training opportunities, complete a background check, track continuing education hours, and more.

Washington State requires that all food workers take a food safety training class and pass the State of Washington exam on food safety basics. You will then be issued a Food Worker Card (also called a Food Handler Permit). You are a food worker if you work with unpackaged food, food equipment or utensils, or with any surface where people put unwrapped food. Follow the above link for more information, or apply online here

Offices within local communities are responsible for receiving and investigating reports of suspected child abuse and neglect. Use the above link to find your local intake number to report suspected abuse or neglect. Learn more about mandatory reporting in Washington here.

bottom of page