Head of School
SunGarden Montessori Children's House
West Linn, OR
SunGarden Montessori in West Linn, OR has an immediate opening for a new Administrator. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to lead an AMI-recognized Montessori school with a well-established 40-year history in the community. Tucked into a cozy neighborhood with an enticing natural outdoor environment, this not-for-profit school is home to 2 Primary communities as well as a small Toddler community, serving children aged 15 months – 6 years. Mission-driven in all that we do, SunGarden strives to offer an optimal Montessori experience for all children and adults, aiding in the development of the whole child at all times. We have a dynamic parent organization, as well as a strong core staff that includes AMI credentialed Lead Guides. We are seeking a compassionate and highly-skilled leader with a strong pedagogical foundation, who can uphold our mission and core values, and help nurture our student, staff, and parent community into the new decade and beyond.
As the new Head of School, you will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operations and administration of the school, including but not limited to:
• Financial management and capital development in the context of a not-for-profit organization, driving towards long-term sustainability of the school
• Staff recruitment, development, support, and pedagogical leadership
• Management of student/family recruitment, enrollment, and onboarding process
• Inspiring and promoting a mission-driven culture within the student, staff, and parent communities, dedicated to the education of the whole child within purposeful, respectful environments based upon the insights and inspiration of Dr. Maria Montessori
• Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors and liaise with the Board to make strategic recommendations and execute on strategic decisions for long-range planning
• Perform community outreach and engage in community relations activities, both within the Montessori and local communities
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in early childhood education or closely related field
• 2 years of classroom experience preferable in a Montessori classroom or K-3
• 3 years successful management experience with proven ability to organize and direct educational programs and activities
• Willingness to obtain AMI Montessori certification
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and are willing to consider relocation assistance for the right candidate.