School Name: West Hills Montessori
School Location: Portland, Oregon
Come join our team at West Hills Montessori! West Hills Montessori was founded in 1968 with the mission to provide a quality Montessori educational environment. West Hills Montessori is seeking reliable, dedicated, and experienced candidates for two positions.
West Hills Montessori is a family-run business heading into its 52nd year of service to children in Southwest Portland and Lake Oswego. We offer Montessori toddler, preschool, and elementary programs to children from 15 months to 12-years-old. You can learn more about our program at: www.westhills-montessori.com
Candidates will need to have their AMI Primary Diploma and preferably at least one year of administrative work experience. At least one year of work with children ages 3-6-years-old is ideal as well as a love of working with children, a patient disposition and a positive demeanor. The candidate must also exhibit teamwork, punctuality, enthusiasm, and a flexible attitude.
– Must be willing to enroll in the Oregon Central Background Registry
– Complete the Office of Childcare Safety Set (CPR, First Aid, Recognizing and Reporting Abuse and Neglect Training, Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety Training, Prevention is Better Than Treatment).
– Possess or be willing to obtain a Food Handler’s Card.
The duties of these positions may include, but are not limited to:
– Step into any classroom environment to substitute when necessary
– Support all administrative needs as they arise, working closely with the Office Director, Head of School and Program Director
– Assist in the supervision of children at lunch.
– Supervise children on the playground.
– Assist in the nap room.
– Ability to lift 30 lbs and move up and down from the floor with the children.
– Supervise indoor play.
– Keep accurate attendance records.
-Engage with children in a variety of activities.
– Lake Oswego Position includes AM Care from 7:00-8:45am – work alongside another staff member to welcome and support children arriving and staying for the AM Care program.
Position available starting September 2020
SW Portland Campus (On-Site Substitute/Administrative Assistant)
8:00-3:30, Mondays – Fridays
Lake Oswego Campus (On-Site Substitute/AM Care/Administrative Assistant)
7:00-3:30, Mondays – Fridays
A friendly atmosphere, competitive wages, fun on the job, and a fantastic school community await you!
Please email your resume and cover letter to Anne Blickenstaff: email@example.com or fax to 503-246-5496.
It is West Hills Montessori policy to hire and promote without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or handicap unrelated to job performance.