School Name: Montessori School of Beaverton
School Location: Beaverton, OR
This is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant Upper Elementary team! The Montessori School of Beaverton (MSB) is looking for an educator to support our lead teachers now, during Distance Learning and on campus, one day a week, in the month of May.
Our assistant will support our community in promoting an engaging, joyful, creative, and dynamic classroom. While we are online, you will help in proofreading and correcting children’s work, adding content to online platforms, preparing take-home materials, and assisting with record-keeping. In addition to the work supporting the teachers, there may be opportunities for direct support of children in various academic areas, depending upon strengths and willingness. In the month of May, you will be on campus, with children, supporting children and teachers with outdoor activities.
MSB is a private school serving the Portland metro area. Established in 1977, MSB is located in the northwest hills on a beautiful 6-acre campus. MSB is home to a thriving and vibrant community of dedicated staff and families invested in children’s education, development, and nurturing, ages 3-12.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent communication skills, flexible and responsible
- Experience proofreading and correcting children’s work
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and compassionate with the ability to peacefully and effectively guide Elementary-aged children
- Support the teachers and accept coaching and guidance. Work alongside others with inspiration, an open mind, and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Preferred: Montessori Accredited Elementary Diploma
- Preferred: 2-3 years’ work experience in a school environment (willing to be flexible for the right candidate)
- Support program needs including bi-yearly camping trips, Going Outs, and other classroom projects when in-person
General Information & Benefits Include:
- Position dates: Immediately, through the 2020-2021 school year
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Thursday
- Paid holidays
- Hourly wage range $17.50-18.50/hour depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Retirement plan
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.