School Name: West Hills Montessori School
School Location: Portland, OR
West Hills Montessori School, located in SW Portland, seeks an Upper Elementary Assistant for the 2021-2022 school year.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for an addition to our fabulous team. Located in the beautiful and serene West Hills, WHMS has two campuses, serving children from 15 months through 12 years in 11 classrooms (Toddler through Upper Elementary). We are devoted to the development of each individual child’s education through quality Montessori practices. Our established and enjoyable Upper Elementary classroom is located at our Vermont Street Campus, and hosts children from 9 to 12 years old and an AMI-trained Elementary Guide. You can learn more about our program at: westhills-montessori.com
The classroom assistant is an essential member of the community and we are looking for someone who has the desire to be a part of something special. Experience working with children is essential.
● A warm, positive staff who truly enjoy working together
● Delightful, well-prepared students
● Lovely indoor and outdoor spaces
● Fully equipped classrooms
● Encouragement for professional growth and development
● Competitive compensation and benefits
● Must be willing to enroll in the Oregon Central Background Registry
● Complete the Office of Childcare Safety Set (CPR, First Aid, Recognizing and Reporting Abuse and Neglect Training, Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety Training, Prevention is Better Than Treatment).
● Possess or be willing to obtain a Food Handler’s Card.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
● Classroom support for the guide (teacher): preparing materials, maintaining the environment, helping support the children’s work under supervision of the guide
● Leading Elementary Morning Care: preparing the classroom environment for the day with the help of some elementary children
● Chaperoning small group field trips: a valid driver’s license, insured vehicle, and willingness to drive children for these exciting ‘Going Out’ opportunities is a plus
Desired qualities include:
● Strong attention to detail
● Flexibility and willingness to be a team player
● Sincere enjoyment of elementary aged children
● A sense of humor with both children and adults
This hourly position begins August 23, 2021. If desired, summer employment is available.
It is West Hills Montessori policy to hire and promote without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or handicap unrelated to job performance.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Anne Blickenstaff, Head of School