School Name: Montessori Children's House
School Location: Portland, Oregon
Montessori Children’s House is seeking a Toddler Assistant for the 2019-2020 school year, starting August 22, with potential to start during our summer program. Hours are 8:15-1:00, Monday-Friday, with additional subbing opportunities. Salary based on experience. Training and orientation will take place prior to start date.
MCH is located on Portland’s Southwest waterfront and is easily accessed by bike and public transportation. Our program is rooted in AMI standards and is composed of joyful, passionate, and hardworking Montessori professionals.
An ideal toddler classroom assistant would possess the following qualifications:
• compassionate understanding of young children’s tendency towards high emotions and patience/loving attitude while helping them navigate/acclimate
• strong command of small group gatherings (or strong desire to learn/refine)
• love of sharing music/movement activities with children (and/or other possible activities, like cooking, yoga, gardening, arts/crafts, etc.)
• strong organizational and multitasking skills
• strong communication/interpersonal skills
• versatility and flexibility
• love of cleanliness and order
Requirements include enrollment in Oregon’s Central Background Registry prior to hiring, along with verification of current Infant/Child CPR & First Aid and Food Handlers certificates, and completed RRCAN & INCCHS trainings.
MCH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or disabled status in the administration of our educational programing, and admissions and hiring policies.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and résumé to Head of School, Nick Stocco at:email@example.com.