School Name: Alder Montessori
School Location: Portland, OR
We are seeking qualified applicants for the School Director for our Alder Montessori Program which provides high-quality Montessori early childhood education free of cost to low-Income children and families. Alder Montessori is co-located at Alder Elementary School, within the Reynolds School District, and serves children ages 3-6 within our multi-age classrooms. Most of our children enter as English language learners.
We are seeking a leader who is passionate and knowledgeable about early childhood education and the Montessori method. A leader who will be adept at attracting, retaining and supporting a strong educational team; building and providing parent engagement/education programming; collaborating effectively with our public school and social services partners; and bringing excellence and equity in education to children and families in our community. A leader who is compassionate, thoughtful, patient, and highly organized who is excited by a leadership position focused on school operations management and new program development yet balanced with time to be with students and parents. Note: this position is like a Head of School – without the responsibilities of fundraising or Board of Director management. The person in this position will report to the Executive Director.
We are seeking applicants who possess-
- AMI or AMS Montessori certification and a passion for Montessori
- 2+ years of experience as a school administrator (Montessori, preschool, public school)
- 5+ years of experience as a Montessori guide/teacher
- Experience which demonstrates an ability to navigate and support our program model
which straddles multiple systems (early childhood, Montessori, and public school)
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills – personal and for team
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest and ability to lead a team with a strong focus on centering diversity, equity, and inclusion into day to day operations
- Demonstrated ability to track details, meet deadlines, plan effectively and integrate quality assurance practices while maintaining a good sense of humor
We will prefer you over other applicants if you bring one or more of the following-
- Fluency in Spanish/English – written and verbal
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
- 2+ years of experience: Montessori in the public sector or similar student population
- Certification or demonstrated leadership in DEI
- Grant management
Compensation and Benefits: This is an exempt, full-time position. The hiring range for this position is $59,000 to $66,000, D.O.E.
In addition to an opportunity to bring tuition-free high-quality Montessori education to children and families at a public-school setting in collaboration with agency partners, our benefit package includes: Generous paid time off (Paid sick leave, holidays and vacation); Health, dental, vision and alternative care insurance; 403B retirement plan; and professional development opportunities.
AEME is a young non-profit which is poised to bring new tuition free Montessori early childhood education programs to neighborhoods within the Portland Metro community.
Our envisioned start-date is January to early February 2021. We are currently operating a creative and comprehensive remote education program. For more information on this job opportunity (hiring process/timeline, school model, detailed job description and essential work duties, etc.) please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: AEME Is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We value a diverse workforce to attain our mission and support our families.
To be considered for this position, please provide (1) a cover letter which describes how your background, work experience and skills make you a great candidate for this position, and (2) a current resume to: email@example.com