School Name: Childpeace Montessori School
School Location: Portland, Oregon
Childpeace Montessori School is seeking a Program Director for our Middle School Community beginning summer 2020. This is a year-round, full-time, exempt position. The daily schedule is generally 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday; however, the duties of the position require occasional evening and weekend work. Childpeace offers a comprehensive benefit package and competitive salary structure.
The Middle School Program Director is responsible for oversight and support of Childpeace programs relating to children 12-15 years old. This includes administration duties for entire program, the preparation and supervision of staff and environment, onboarding of families, regular engagement with students from admissions through graduation, helping families navigate the high school admissions/transition process and oversight of the program toward best AMI practices.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Maintains all aspects of MMM program enrollment
• Maintains all requirements for WASC accreditation
• Upholds AMI principles of best practices
• Responsible for professional development of MMM staff
• Responsible for hiring, evaluation, and performance management of MMM staff
• Optimizes educational opportunities within an urban environment
• Actively collaborates with developmental specialists and school psychologist to provide for social/emotional/physical development of adolescents
• Acts as a positive and proactive ambassador for the MMM program outside of school community
• Supports an informed and respectful partnership between parents and school on behalf of the child
• Enacts a commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
The ideal candidate would have:
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Excitement in working with 12-15 year olds
• Administrative experience in educational institution at adolescent level
• NAMTA Orientation to Adolescent Studies
• Montessori Training preferred
Childpeace is located in urban NW Portland and easily accessed by bike and public transportation. Childpeace supports our staff with a competitive salary structure and benefits package, a program rooted in AMI standards, a commitment to professional development, beautiful and well-equipped classroom environments, strong administrative support, and a rich, working community of Montessori professionals.
Childpeace Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, physical or mental ability, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws in the admission of otherwise qualified students or in the administration of its educational policies or programs, hiring, or employment practices.
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter describing why you are attracted to this position, a resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.