School Name: West Hills Montessori School-- Lake Oswego
School Location: Lake Oswego, OR
West Hills Montessori School, located in Lake Oswego, OR., seeks a Primary Classroom Assistant.
Come join our team at West Hills Montessori! West Hills Montessori was founded in 1968 with the mission to provide a quality Montessori educational environment. West Hills Montessori is seeking reliable, dedicated, and experienced candidates for a Classroom Assistant position at our Lake Oswego Campus.
West Hills Montessori is a family-run business heading into its 53rd year of service to children in the Southwest Portland and Lake Oswego area. We offer Montessori toddler, preschool, and elementary programs to children from 15 months to 12-years-old. You can learn more about our program at: www.westhills-montessori.com
The classroom assistant is an essential member of the community and we are looking for someone who has the desire to be a part of something special. Candidates will preferably have their AMI Primary Diploma and at least one year of work with children ages 3-6 years old as well as a love of working with children, a patient disposition and a positive demeanor. The candidate must also exhibit teamwork, punctuality, enthusiasm, and a flexible attitude.
• A warm, positive staff who truly enjoy working together
• Delightful, well-prepared students
• Lovely indoor and outdoor spaces
• Fully equipped classrooms
• Encouragement for professional growth and development
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Must be willing to enroll in the Oregon Central Background Registry
• Complete the Office of Childcare Safety Set (CPR, First Aid, Recognizing and Reporting Abuse and Neglect Training, Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety Training, Prevention is Better Than Treatment).
• Possess or be willing to obtain a Food Handler’s Card.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Classroom support for the guide (teacher): preparing materials, maintaining the environment, helping support the children’s work under supervision of the guide.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs and move up and down from the floor with the children.
• Assist in the supervision of children at lunch.
• Supervise children on the playground.
• Keep accurate attendance records.
• Engage with children in a variety of activities.
• Position includes PM Care from 3:30-4:15pm
This hourly position begins August 23, 2021.
A friendly atmosphere, competitive wages, fun on the job, and a fantastic school community await you!
It is West Hills Montessori policy to hire and promote without regard to race, creed, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or handicap unrelated to job performance.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Anne Blickenstaff, Head of School