School Name: Sunstone Montessori
School Location: Portland, OR
Sunstone Montessori School, an AMI Montessori school is hiring a Classroom Assistant to work with children from 3 to 6 years old.
Duties: Supports the Montessori-trained Lead Guide or the Lead Assistant with a group of up to 20 children ages 3 to 6 years. Duties include but are not limited to supporting children’s independent activity, taking observation notes, supervising on the playground and in the bathroom, cleaning and maintaining the environment, and providing breaks for other staff members.
Hours: The classroom is open 8-5:30; assistants work an 8-hour shift with two paid 10-minute breaks and an unpaid half-hour lunch.
– At least one year of classroom or group childcare experience with preschool-age children and/or a degree in Early Childhood Education or child development
– Passion for working with 3-6 year old children
– Compassionate communication style, positive attitude, and calm presence
– Interest in and desire to learn more about the Montessori philosophy
– Very organized with a keen eye for detail
– Eagerness to grow and contribute
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Ability to lift 50 pounds
Qualifications Needed (obtainable upon hire):
– Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry
– Current CPR/1st Aid, Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Training, Intro to Health & Safety Training, Prevention is Better than Treatment Training, and Food Handlers Card.
Compensation: $15-16/hour starting (depending on experience), plus medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Shanda Tryon, firstname.lastname@example.org.