School Name: Ridgeline Montessori Public Charter School
School Location: Eugene, OR
Ridgeline Montessori Public Charter School, is seeking a Lower Elementary Teacher (grades 1-3) to join our passionate and experienced teaching team. This position is for one of our three established lower elementary classrooms. Montessori teachers create joyful classroom communities where children become independent, compassionate, and active learners who will grow to thoughtfully shape the world. The teacher is their guide, encouraging wonder, love of learning, curiosity and skill. Montessori teachers also build community beyond the walls of their own classroom.
Ridgeline Montessori was the first public Montessori school in Oregon and has successfully served public K-8 students in Eugene, Oregon since September, 2000. The school provides an academically rigorous Montessori education to children from all walks of life. Every day students balance their freedom to explore and think for themselves with their responsibility to work and learn within a community. Ridgeline has strong reading, math and science proficiency rates as well as high instructional engagement and success with a diversity of students.
Our Vision: Empowering creative learners to build community and thoughtfully shape the world through public Montessori education.
· Oregon teaching license or Montessori Elementary training, and
· Willingness/ability to attend school-sponsored summer training in 2019 if not credentialed for Montessori Elementary II
· Experience teaching elementary school students grades 1-3
· Ability to differentiate and to be creative and responsive to student needs
· Montessori Elementary training, and or
· Experience as a lead teacher or as an assistant in a Montessori classroom
· Deep understanding of child development
· Experience with inclusive practices
· Experience with 25 or more children
Application Deadline: Until filled
To apply: Email elementary teacher application (found at www.ridgeline.org/employment-