School Name: Sagebrush Montessori Elementary
School Location: Richland, WA
Looking for a new opportunity to join a growing community? Sagebrush Montessori is looking for you.
Sagebrush Montessori opened its doors with two Children’s House classrooms in 1996 and has been offering families an authentic Montessori education for their children ever since. Our elementary program began in 2013 and has grown quickly from 16 children to more than 50 and a community dreaming of adding an adolescent program in the not-too-distant future!
Sagebrush Montessori is a non-profit organization and currently serves nearly 100 students ages 3 through 12. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
A few great things to know about Tri-Cities Washington that you will love!
● There are more than three cities in the Tri-Cities – West Richland, Benton City, Burbank and Finely are also included with Kennewick, Pasco and Richland.
● The area is growing like crazy and is one of the top places to live in the US.
● It does not rain as much as you think! We only get 7-8 inches of rain and we can get a bit of snow, but only a few inches.
● We have all kinds of 4 seasons fun to have on the river, trails, mountains and the surrounding areas.
● We are the wine capital of the Pacific Northwest – that is right, you would never expect that there would be this many wineries but over 200 within an hour drive.
● We have art – We have great groups and organizations like the Mid-Columbia Symphony, Mid-Columbia Mastersingers and Mid-Columbia Ballet.
● We have a good food scene! Guy Fieri even came for a visit during the winter of 2018-19, and six of our great local restaurants were featured on Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives” in 2019. Our food truck-scene is starting to take off, too. We also have farmers markets and some of the best grocery stores around!
About the Position
Sagebrush Montessori is seeking an AMI trained elementary guide to lead or co-lead a lower elementary classroom beginning in August of 2021 or sooner.
Candidates will be committed, hardworking, and have a passion for bringing Cosmic Education to their students. The ideal guide will have a love of the natural world, lead guide experience, and a creative vision.
The candidate will serve as a facilitator in the Montessori Classroom and is responsible for the functioning of the learning environment and all aspects of its day-to-day operations.
Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
● Understanding and promoting the school’s vision, mission, and goals to students, parents, and community.
● Working with the administrator peers, co-teachers, parents and students in articulating and maintaining the integrity and scope of the Montessori methodology.
● Preparing the Montessori classroom environment to meet the students’ needs and interests.
● Presenting consistent individual and group lessons to the students and supporting each child’s direction and success.
● Meeting regularly with students to work with them in assessing their own success and facilitating an individual path of progress.
● Working with students of varying abilities assigned to the classroom, including those with learning difficulties as diagnosed, as well as attending and hosting the parent-teacher meetings to support development of children.
● Maintaining electronic student records, reports, evaluations, inventories, and tests.
● Participate in field trips as planned in the school calendar.
● Attending staff meetings and any other events relevant to teaching at Sagebrush as necessary.
● Continuing professional development and participating in recommended conferences, training programs, courses, and other areas of professional growth.
Requirements for Lower Elementary Guide/Teacher Position:
● AMI Elementary teaching certificate
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 1-2 Years of Montessori teaching experience preferred
A complete application consisting of the following can be emailed to us:
○ A cover letter specific to your qualifications for the position
○ A résumé
○ Your AMI certificate number
○ A list of four references (Parent, Co-worker, Administrator, and Personal)
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Samantha May at firstname.lastname@example.org