School Name: Butterfly House Preschool and Kindergarten
School Location: Talent, OR
The Butterfly House Preschool and Kindergarten in Talent, OR is seeking an AMS or AMI certified teacher to join our team as Lead Teacher for the 2020/2021 school year. The position will become available beginning Summer 2020 for our 6-week summer program, with the expectation of working into the director position starting Fall 2021 or earlier.
Our mission is to cultivate kindness, independence, social responsibility, and a lifelong love of learning through both our Educating From the Heart curriculum and the Montessori Philosophy.
We are looking for a creative, compassionate and enthusiastic individual, dedicated to early childhood education.
• Has an AMS or AMI diploma
• Possesses a genuine respect, love, & patience for teaching young children
• Is committed to understanding & passionately applying Montessori principles
• Has a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
• Approaches their daily work with joy and reflection
• Is skilled in classroom management and organization
• Maintains a high degree of professionalism when working with students, parents, and co-workers
• Preferred: Minimum 2 years work experience in a Montessori environment
THE BUTTERFLY HOUSE DIFFERENCE
Our Educating From the Heart curriculum is designed to ignite and nourish the desire to be kind and wise in the hearts of children, and to bring awareness to the practices of mindfulness, gratitude, and personal responsibility. We do this by teaching and nurturing nine specific character qualities and by cultivating a classroom environment rich in opportunities to practice and develop these qualities. The academics come naturally through the Montessori materials and classroom structure, so the main focus of our curriculum is the social and emotional development of each child. We believe that with this guidance, children can develop a mindset that will empower them to live happy, healthy, and meaningful lives.
• Expected to build a cohesive classroom program with high standards that promotes both our Educating From The Heart curriculum and the Montessori philosophy.
• Will be responsible for preparing an optimal environment for a group of students, and assisting in each child’s development
• Will be in charge of maintaining communications with parents regarding issues pertaining to students.
• Will work in partnership with our Director to create lesson plans, give lessons, help to create and maintain the classroom.
• Will act as support guide or co-teacher from 9:00am to 1:00pm (depending on experience), and then become lead teacher from 1:00pm to 3:00pm, with a desire to become the Permanent Lead Guide and Director.
For more information on our Educating From the Heart curriculum and our program visit our website butterflyhouseschool.org.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org describing your passion and experience educating preschool age children in a collaborative Montessori environment.