School Name: Montessori School of Beaverton
School Location: Portland, Oregon
This is an exciting opportunity to join our vibrant Upper Elementary team! MSB is looking for an Elementary trained individual to support our lead teachers now, during Distance Learning, and eventually in-person. Our assistant will support our community in promoting an engaging, joyful, creative, and dynamic classroom. They will help in classroom management, maintenance, material making, and supporting individual follow-up work and practical life activities. Adding content to online platforms, preparing take-home materials, and assisting with record-keeping is essential during online learning. A big part of the work will be to aid the child’s social/emotional development related to their inner self, in a prepared Montessori environment. In addition to the work supporting the teachers, there will be opportunities for direct instruction of children in various academic areas, depending upon strengths and willingness.
MSB is a private school serving the Portland metro area. Established in 1977, MSB is located in the northwest hills on a beautiful 6-acre campus. MSB is home to a thriving and vibrant community of dedicated staff and families invested in children’s education, development, and nurturing, ages 3-12.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills, flexible and responsible
• Enthusiastic, energetic, and compassionate with the ability to peacefully and effectively guide Elementary-aged children
• Support the teachers and accept coaching and guidance. Work alongside others with inspiration, an open mind, and a sense of humor
• Offer a variety of skills to share with children and adults: musicianship, gardening, botany, artistry
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Montessori Accredited Elementary Diploma
• Preferred: 2-3 years’ work experience in a Montessori environment (willing to be flexible for the right candidate)
• Support program needs including bi-yearly camping trips, Going Outs, and other classroom projects when in-person
General Information & Benefits Include:
• Position dates: immediately, through the 2020-2021 school year
• Typical hours 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday during the school year, may vary to meet program needs
• Paid holidays
• Hourly wage range $17.50-18.50/hour depending on experience
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Retirement plan
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.