School Name: Montessori School of Beaverton
School Location: Portland, Oregon
The Montessori School of Beaverton (MSB) is seeking an Upper Elementary Assistant to join our teaching team. This assistant will support the lead teachers in promoting an engaging, joyful, creative, and industrious classroom. They will help in classroom management, maintenance, material making as well as supporting individual follow-up work and practical life activities, including chaperoning Going Outs. A big part of the work will be to aid the child’s social/emotional development, as it relates to their inner self, in a prepared Montessori environment. In addition to the work supporting the teachers, there will be opportunities for direct instruction of children in a variety of academic areas, depending upon strengths and willingness.
MSB is a private school serving the Portland metro area. The school was established in 1978 and is located in the northwest hills on a beautiful 6-acre campus. MSB is home to a thriving and vibrant community of dedicated staff and families invested in the education, development and nurturing of its 170 children, ages 3-12.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills, flexible and responsible
• Enthusiastic, energetic and compassionate with the ability to peacefully and effectively guide Elementary aged children
• Support the teachers and accept coaching and guidance. Work alongside others with inspiration, an open mind and sense of humor
• Offer a variety of skills to share with children and adults: musicianship, gardening, botany, artistry
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• AMI Elementary Diploma
• Preferred: 2-3 years’ work experience in a Montessori environment (willing to be flexible for the right candidate)
• Support program needs including bi-yearly camping trips, Going Outs and other classroom projects
General Information & Benefits Include:
• Position dates: August 24, 2020 – June 9, 2021
• Typical hours 8:00am – 4:00pm, Monday – Friday during the school year, may vary to meet program needs
• Paid holidays
• Hourly wage range $17.50-18.00/hour depending on experience
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
• Retirement plan
MSB is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, pregnancy, age or physical or mental disability. or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. In addition, MSB is committed to improving employment opportunities for and utilization of people who may have been denied equal opportunity in society at large.
MSB 11065 NW Crystal Creek Lane Portland, OR 97229
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.