The Montessori School of Beaverton (MSB) is seeking a Primary Assistant to join our teaching team for a one-year position.
Do you want to build your “bag of tricks” before you work in your own classroom? Maybe you’re fresh out of the training and want to gain experience helping and working with children: in the classroom, in the bathroom, and on the playground. One of our patient and passionate teachers is looking for a reliable, enthusiastic, self-regulated person who is ready to put their training to use in a fun-loving, energetic, high-functioning AMI classroom. This position is an excellent opportunity to develop as an assistant, gain confidence in your AMI coursework with real, hands-on experience. Under the direction of the teacher, the job includes maintenance of the classroom environment (inside and outside), classroom management, observation, and generally supporting the expectations in the classroom.
MSB is a private school serving the Portland metro area. The school was established in 1978 and is located in the northwest hills on a beautiful 6-acre campus. MSB is home to a thriving and vibrant community of dedicated staff and families invested in the education, development and nurturing of its 170 children, ages 3-12.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to be consistently reliable, daily
• Great communication skills
• Responsible and accurate, with good follow-through on tasks
• Willingness to accept coaching and guidance in accordance with Montessori philosophy
• Variety of “crafty” skills to share: sewing, paperwork, drawing
• Willingness to work alongside others with inspiration, an open mind, and a sense of humor
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• AMI Primary Diploma
• Preferred experience in a Montessori classroom, but we will be flexible for the right candidate
General Information & Benefits Include:
• Position dates: August 24, 2020 – June 9, 2021
• Typical hours 7:30am – 3:30pm, Monday – Friday during the school year, may vary to meet program needs
• Paid holidays and retirement plan
• Hourly wage range $17.00-17.50/hour depending on experience
• Medical, dental, and vision benefits
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
MSB is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, pregnancy, age or physical or mental disability. or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. In addition, MSB is committed to improving employment opportunities for and utilization of people who may have been denied equal opportunity in society at large.
MSB 11065 NW Crystal Creek Lane Portland, OR 97229