School Name: Oregon Montessori Association
School Location: Work from Home - Remote work
The Oregon Montessori Association is supporting a coalition of Montessori schools looking to create a High-quality and High-fidelity Distance Learning Elementary Montessori program for children who can’t attend school this fall due to health concerns. The project is looking for an experienced and dynamic elementary Montessori guide, who is collaborative and thrives when working with peers. This educator will implement this new program in a creative and consistent manner with the support of various members of the community.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Conducting high-fidelity Montessori classes for elementary age children learning remotely
- Contributing to the design and development of the Distance Learning Program, particularly when developing high quality follow-up activities for the students.
- Observe and coach respectful interactions with children, and demonstrate methods of positive discipline, redirection, structured choice and student empowerment
- Collaborate and work within guidelines established by colleagues to support student development and create a program which aligns with on-site learning
- Flexibility to meet students’ remote learning experiences and capacities
- Create and maintain the environment and implement the curriculum so as to:
- Develop secure relationships with children and encourage trust and emotional security;
- Provide opportunities to engage fully in learning at home;
- Encourage self-awareness, autonomy, and self-expression;
- Maintain close, frequent, and effective communication with parents, and encourage parents’ support of their children’s education while being aware of how remote learning can impact the household.
- Skilled in using technology such as Zoom, Google Classroom, Google Drive, Video recording (if recorded lessons are needed) and video platforms (such as Youtube or Vimeo) and others
- Ability to educate parents and students on various platforms
- Train, direct, and supervise the classroom assistant to provide the best experience for the children
- Maintain detailed records of the work done with every child
- Provide two parent-teacher conferences per year for each
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be Montessori certified in Elementary
- Knowledge and experience in a Montessori classroom
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and project leaders
- Excellent skills in using technology
- Respect for cultural, ethnic, socio-economic, and linguistic diversity
- Must be motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong time management and organizational ability with attention to detail.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Interested candidates must be skilled in using technology to teach such as Zoom, Google Classroom, IXL/Khan Academy. The position includes working with lower and upper elementary students on a daily basis, frequent coordination with colleagues, and collaboration with parents.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org