School Name: Columbia Gorge Montessori
School Location: Gresham, OR
Columbia Gorge Montessori is seeking an experienced, trained Primary Guide for a thriving community for 2020-2021. Ideal candidates will enjoy teaching young children, have a thorough understanding of Montessori and be ready to take their experience to the next level! The successful candidate will have a keen understanding of how to meet children’s needs in a Montessori classroom environment (philosophy, education and concepts), as well as an appreciation for cultivating young, independent children. We’re looking for a dedicated professional who wants to provide children with an exemplary, Montessori education.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited) to the following:
- Take over a growing Primary classroom for children ages three through Kindergarten
- Build relationships with children, parents and staff to strengthen community
- Manage classroom carefully to ensure all children are learning in a safe, constructive environment
- Prepare materials for the classroom and to continue educating children
- Keep records and monitor children’s development
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences and communication
- Meet with directors, assistant and staff on a regular basis
- AMI or AMS Early Childhood Credential
- Enrolled in Oregon Central Background Registry
- Safety set training, within 30 days of employment
- Prior experience in a Primary classroom is preferred
- Flexible and team oriented
This position is year around and full-time with competitive pay, medical/dental insurance, 401K, paid vacation and sick leave. Located in Gresham, OR (conveniently off of I-84) from Portland, OR.
To be considered for an interview, please email resume to email@example.com.