School Name: McMinnville Montessori
School Location: McMinnville, OR
McMinnville Montessori School is seeking an assistant to work alongside a trained guide in a classroom with a current group of 11 children. Duties include supporting children’s independent activity, assisting in the bathroom, supervising on the playground, cleaning and maintaining the environment.
Our requirements include:
• Experience (and joy in!) working with young children
• Compassionate communication style and positive attitude
• Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry
• Current CPR/1st Aid, RRCAN, and Food Handlers
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Ability to meet Office of Child Care Aide II requirements
1. Classroom Preparation, including general cleaning, inventory of supplies (pencils, paper, etc.), helping to arrange the furniture and activities, material making, etc.
2. Planning indoor and outdoor activities for groups of children; including songs, true stories, poems, games.
3. Assisting the children in the development of independence. This may include supporting children in choosing purposeful activities; dispensing supplies; greeting late arrivals; helping a child with toileting; assisting children with their communication or helping them resolve conflicts; indicating where to wait for the Guide when necessary; reporting any abnormal or unusual situations to the Guide; helping a child who is injured to take care of herself.
4. Developing and maintaining a positive and supportive relationship with the Guide. Supporting and participating in an agreed upon approach to guidance, consistent with Montessori philosophy and psychology for the primary age child.
5. Developing and maintaining a positive and supportive relationship with each child, while respecting and fostering her/his independence. Using positive language phrases and words with the children. Providing emotional support and understanding through active listening and feedback.
We are located just south of Portland in the quaint town of McMinnville, a thriving community in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley Wine region.
Founded in 1983, our school serves children ages 3 through 12. We have two primary classrooms, an elementary classroom which began in 1997.
Our mission is to cultivate curiosity, independence, social responsibility, and a lifelong love of learning.
We are committed to creating a family oriented inclusive community and work hard to create an environment for the faculty where their work is valued and they have meaningful say in the values and operations of our growing school. We welcome dedicated educators interested in being part of and contributing to a warm, loving and thoughtful community of practice.
We offer a competitive salary.
Please forward your resume and letter of interest to:
Shazia Abdulla, Head of School (learning@
School website: www.mcminnvillemontessori.com