School Name: Sunstone Montessori School
School Location: Portland, Oregon
Sunstone Montessori School, an AMI Montessori school serving approximately 160 children in John’s Landing (SW Portland), is hiring Classroom Assistants to work with children from 3 to 6 years old.
Duties: Support the Montessori-trained Lead Guide with a group of up to 25 children ages 3 to 6 years. Duties include but are not limited to supporting children’s independent activity, taking observation notes, supervising on the playground and in the bathroom, cleaning and maintaining the environment, and providing breaks for other staff members.
Hours: The classroom is open 7:30-5:30; assistants work an 8-9 hour shift with two paid 10-minute breaks and an unpaid half-hour lunch. This is a year-round position. During school vacations, the assistants oversee winter break care, spring break care, and summer break care.
- At least one year of classroom or group childcare experience with preschool-age children and/or a degree in Early Childhood Education or child development
- Passion for working with 3-6 year old children
- Compassionate communication style, positive attitude, and calm presence
- Interest in and desire to learn more about the Montessori philosophy
- Very organized with a keen eye for detail
- Eagerness to grow and contribute
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Qualifications Needed (obtainable upon hire):
- Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry
- Current CPR/1st Aid, RRCAN, Intro to Health & Safety, and Food Handlers Card
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Please email cover letter and resume to Shanda Tryon at email@example.com.