Toddler Teacher Assistant
Sunstone Montessori School
Sunstone Montessori School, an AMI Montessori school serving approximately 140 children in the Woodstock neighborhood (SE Portland), is hiring a Toddler Teaching Assistant to work with children from 16 months-3 years.
We are looking for someone who not only loves working with children 16 months-3 years. We have a wonderful environment with 10 Toddlers.
Duties: Assist in preparing and maintaining an orderly, smoothly functioning Montessori Toddler environment, so that the Guide can give lessons and oversee the children’s work. Duties include supporting children’s independent activity, assisting in the bathroom, supervising on the playground, aiding in food prep, assisting with nap time, and cleaning and maintaining the environment.
Hours: Assistants work an 8-hour shift within the program window of 7:30am-5:30pm with two paid 10-minute breaks and an unpaid half-hour lunch. This is a year-round position. Pay is based on both experience in Montessori and in other childcare settings.
- Passion for working with toddlers
- Compassionate communication style, positive attitude, and calm presence
- Interest in and desire to learn more about the Montessori philosophy
- Very organized with a keen eye for detail
- Eagerness to grow and contribute
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- At least one year of classroom or group childcare experience with toddler aged children and/or a degree in Early Childhood Education or child development (preferred)
Qualifications Needed (obtainable upon hire):
- Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry
- Current CPR/1st Aid, RRCAN, Intro to Health & Safety, Prevention is Better than Treatment, and Food Handlers Card
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour