Spanish Teacher - Montessori of Beaverton
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Montessori School of Beaverton (MSB) is looking for a part-time Spanish teacher for our Elementary program, children 6-12 years old.
MSB is a private, non-profit school serving the Portland metro area. The school was established in 1978 and is located in the northwest hills on a beautiful 6-acre campus. MSB is home to a thriving and vibrant community of dedicated staff and families invested in the education, development and nurturing of its 180 students, ages 3 - 12.
● Deliver a set curriculum and follow up work in small and large group lessons
● Support Elementary children in their development of the Spanish language and cultures
● Provide exposure to oral and written expression of the language through games, stories, songs and other
● Communicate with classroom teachers to support children and their curriculum needs
● Share cultural and historical information and perspective through storytelling, art and cooking projects
● Attend level and all staff meetings when needed
Requirements and Preferences:
● Love of working with children
● Ability to be self-directed and work collaboratively within a group
● Understanding of Montessori principles or a desire and willingness to learn and put into practice
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Willingness to use established curriculum and ability to create more based on the needs to the program
● Bachelor's degree
● 2 years teaching experience
● Bilingual Spanish and English speaker
Compensation and Hours:
● Pay range: $23.97 - $24.93 per hour depending on experience
● Starting August 2023 and continuing through June 2024
● Part-Time @ 20 hours/week, 2-3 days/week during the school year
Submit cover letter, resume and letter in Spanish explaining why this job interests you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.