Primary Classroom Teacher - Smockville Montessori
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Smockville Montessori Preschool and Kindergarten is a small, non-profit school house in Old Town Sherwood. We are looking for an energetic, caring Montessori Teacher for ages 3-6, that can work independently as well as part of a collective team.
The Teacher will work directly with the Academic Director for a classroom of up to 20 children. The teacher will be responsible for the order and care of the classroom environment, working with and giving lessons to children as well as record keeping for each child while using an approach to care that coordinates with that of Montessori philosophy.
• Must be 18 years old
• At least one year experience working in a certified child care facility working with children 3-6 years old OR at least an Associates in Early Childhood Education
• Montessori Education OR experience running a Montessori Classroom
• Oregon Criminal History Registry
• Current Pediatric First Aid and CPR or willing to have it by start date
• Recognizing and Report Child Abuse and Neglect certification or willing to have it by start date
• Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety or willing to have it by start date
• Oregon Food Handlers Card or willing to have it by start date
• Paid Training
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Time Off (Vacation)
• Great Work Environment
• Supportive Team of Professionals
Salary discussed upon hiring.
If you are interested and meet ALL of the requirements above, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.