Primary Assistant - Puddletown School
August 23, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Puddletown School is hiring an assistant for the 2023/24 school year. We are an AMI-trained primary, elementary and adolescent program in Eastmoreland SE Portland with an active and growing commitment to social justice and equity work (within and outside of our community). We are a caring and committed team of educators who greatly respect each other, the children, the work of all educators and the philosophies of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Eligible candidates will need:
• Current registration in the Oregon Background Registry
• Current certification in Child/Infant CPR & First Aid
• Hold current Oregon Food Handler’s card
• Experience working with children ages 3-6
• To meet all children with love and respect, as demonstrated in demeanor and tone
• To be calm and observant, to move carefully and to be comfortable sitting and observing
• To be open to feedback, with the understanding that all feedback is for the harmony of the classroom
• To be a clear, direct and open communicator, including non-verbal communication (e.g., shared glances, physical signals, hand-written notes, shared classroom journal/log)
• A willingness to collaborate with the classroom’s guide to support the direction and vision for the space and group, including hosting small gatherings of children as needed, material making as needed (with instructions), shifting the classroom space as needed, caring for the environment and preparing it daily as needed.
Knowledge of Dr. Montessori’s educational philosophy is not required but a willingness to learn is lovely and appreciated!
Compensation is regionally competitive, with an offering range of $18-21. Benefits include: retirement matching, health insurance, personal paid time off, holidays and breaks within the year, summers off (with an option to work), paid training opportunities and discounted tuition for any staff with children who attend Puddletown School.
Please check out our website for more information about our program and the community: www.puddletownschool.com