On-Site Substitute / Float - Temporary-Harmony Montessori
April 1, 2024
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Harmony Montessori is a warm and supportive community in outer SE Portland that consists of four Children’s House classrooms serving a diverse population of students and families.
We are seeking a Temporary on-site substitute and all school float for our Children's House Classrooms.
* Montessori experience is preferred but not required.
* Experience working with children who may have cognitive, physical and / or sensory challenges would is preferred but not required.
* The position includes but is not limited to offering substitute support for all classrooms, frequently offering sensory breaks to individual and small groups of children, playground supervision, cleaning, sanitation.
* The ideal candidate for this position would be comfortable with taking the initiative when the situation warrants as well as a willingness to learn and take direction while also being.
* Have current registration in the Oregon Background Registry
* Hold current certification in Child/Infant CPR & First Aid
* Hold a current Oregon Food Handler's Card
* Have completed the Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Training
* Have completed the Oregon Health and Safety training for childcare workers.
* Have completed the Oregon “Prevention is better than treatment” training
* Have completed the Oregon "Foundations for Learning" training.
The ideal applicant must be dedicated to offering Montessori Education to all children regardless of their cultural, developmental, or socioeconomic background. The ideal candidate would have experience working with a diverse community of children and families, be willing to work as an active team member and be committed to creating a long-term relationship with our Harmony community.
This job may require physical engagement with children including repetitive bending, sitting, standing, moving quickly across an indoor or outdoor surface, sight and hearing ability necessary to keep children within sight and sound, and the ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
Subject Line: FLOAT / SUB Application