Lead Guide - Primary Classroom - Busy Hands Montessori
June 20, 2023
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Lead Primary Classroom Guide - Portland, OR
SALARY RANGE: $22.00-$25.00/hour; based on experience
Busy Hands Montessori is a Montessori Toddler and Primary School founded in 2016. We have steadily grown during our first seven years to a current student body of 38 Toddler students in four classrooms and 40 Primary students in two classrooms. We have an experienced and talented teaching staff and an administration that is committed to furthering the mission of our school and promoting peace in education through authentic Montessori teachings.
About the Position of Guide
Busy Hands Montessori is seeking an experienced Montessori Primary Guide to contribute to a collaborative, inclusive, and diverse school culture. This educator shares in our mission, vision and values and upholds children’s education as a priority in our community. We are looking for an educator to lead our primary classroom with an established community of 20 children ages 2.5 to 6 years.
Key Functions And Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and managing Montessori Primary Classroom
- Support Montessori teaching pedagogy and apply professional knowledge of child development principles to interpret Montessori pedagogy in a manner that assures development growth
- Provides Assistants and others in the classroom observations, offering feedback and supporting goals
- Ensure high fidelity Montessori Primary Classroom
- Manage communications with parents including emails, conference communications, and other necessary communication
- Enjoys collaborating and working with other Montessori educators in a creative and exciting way
- Acts as a collaborative colleague with respect, compassion, stewardship, integrity and striving for excellence in Montessori education
- Required Qualifications
- AMS, AMI, or MACTE-credentialed Primary Montessori Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject
- Successful experience working with parents and families in a school setting
- Successfully pass ELD criminal background check
- 2 years minimum of successful lead teaching in a Primary Montessori Classroom
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Considers themselves to be a “crafty” individual - someone who enjoys making materials and can contribute to our talented staff
- Can appreciate a collective, collaborative, respectful work environment and who goes through their day with a sense of humor
- Is reliable in their attendance and brings their best self to work
General Information & Benefits
- Work hours of 7:30 am - 3:00 pm, M-F
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid holidays and Retirement Plan
- Sick pay and PTO
- Enrollment in the Central Background Registry is required for this position
- Must have “Intro to Child Health and Safety”, “Prevention is Better than Treatment”, “Safe Sleep”, CPR First Aid and “Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect” within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
Busy Hands Montessori is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications reviewed on rolling basis until closing date.