Community Support Person-SunGarden Montessori
West Linn, OR
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SunGarden Montessori is hiring for a Community Support position with an immediate start date. Ideally the position is full-time supporting the aftercare program. We will also consider part time applicants. Time during the school day would be spent supporting classrooms directly, breaking classroom staff, supporting playground time, helping with snack preparation, dishes, laundry and materials prep. Pay range is $18-20/ hr. depending on experience.
SunGarden Montessori Children's House is an AMI associated program that provides a peaceful learning environment for children ages 18 months – 6 years. SunGarden has one toddler classroom and two Primary classrooms, a fully integrated indoor/outdoor learning environment for the children, and a staff deeply committed to joyfully supporting the growth and individuality of every child. Come join a community where staff are respected and empowered in their work, and encouraged to collaborate in the continued development of a very special school.
Eligible candidates will need:
- Have or able to obtain registration in the Oregon Background Registry Immediately
- Have or seek current certification in Child/Infant CPR & First Aid & Food Handlers
- Experience working with preschool-kindergarten aged children ideal
- Work with children in a patient, respectful, compassionate and confident manner
- Maintain a calm demeanor in a busy, highly flexible environment
- Be organized, attentive to details and a careful observer
- Be open to feedback, with the understanding that all feedback is for the harmony of the classrooms and program
- Open to preparing materials with direction, shifting the classroom space as needed, caring for the environment and preparing it daily as needed
- Understand and execute verbal and written instructions, policies and procedures and implement them independently
- Achieve and maintain positive relationships with children, staff and caregivers
Please submit your letter of interest, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our school, visit our website.