Children's House Teacher Assistant
Sunstone Montessori School
Sunstone Montessori School, an AMI Montessori school, in SE Portland, is hiring a Classroom Assistant to work with children from 3 to 6 years olds.
Duties: Supports the Montessori-trained Lead Guide or the Assistant Guide with a group of 20-23 children ages 3 to 6 years. Duties include but are not limited to supporting children’s independent activity, taking observation notes, supervising on the playground and in the bathroom, cleaning and maintaining the environment, and providing breaks for other staff members.
Hours & Benefits: The classroom is open 7:30-5:30; assistants work an 8-9 hour shift with two paid 10-minute breaks and an unpaid half-hour lunch. This is a full-time, year-round position. This is a full-time and year-round position that includes benefits: full medical and dental, plus 3% matching retirement, and an option of a Flexible Spending Account. Plus, the benefit of working with a fun group of people!
- Passion for working with 3-6 year old children
- Compassionate communication style, positive attitude, and calm presence
- Interest in and desire to learn more about the Montessori philosophy
- Very organized with a keen eye for detail
- Eagerness to grow and contribute
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- (Preferred) At least one year of classroom or group childcare experience with preschool-age children and/or a degree in Early Childhood Education or child development
Qualifications Needed (obtainable upon hire):
- Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry
- Current CPR/1st Aid, RRCAN, Intro to Health & Safety, Prevention is Better than Treatment, and Food Handlers Card
Pay: $16-$18 hour