Children's House Co-Guide - Harmony Montessori School
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Established in 1994, Harmony Montessori provides a rich educational experience for children from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, family makeup, and abilities, by inspiring a lifetime love of learning.
Harmony Montessori is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, children, and families. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking to fill a Children's House Lead Guide Position to open a new classroom in our new location. Our community is an all-day Montessori model which requires a Montessori-trained guide to be in the environment throughout the day. This position will work in coordination with an assistant and afternoon support guide to create an all-day Montessori experience for our children. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a diverse community of children and families, and be willing to work as an active team member.
Ideally, this position will begin during our Summer Program, June 13th, and extend through the 2022-2023 school year and beyond.
We are seeking a guide with the following qualifications:
* Has one year of classroom experience as either an assistant or a guide.
* Has a Primary Level Montessori Teaching Diploma. Can be MACTE, AMS, or AMI
* Clearance and Approval with Oregon Central Background Registry
* Valid Oregon Food Handlers Certification
* Completed the required trainings set forth by the Oregon Early Learning Division- These are free through the Oregon Online Registry Website.
* Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
* Intro to Child Care Health and Safety
* Prevention is better than Treatment
* A commitment to becoming an active part of our staff, parent, and child community
Hours for the position will be Monday through Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Wage Range: Salary Position $40,000 to $55,000 depending upon experience and Oregon Registry Online Step Level.
To learn more about Harmony Montessori please visit our website at www.harmony-montessori.com