Bilingual Preschool Program Coordinator - Alder Montessori, a program of The Alliance for Equity In Montessori Education
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking qualified applicants for the Bilingual Program Coordinator for our Montessori preschool program located in Portland Oregon. Our Mission – Equity, Access and Choice. We increase access to high-quality , early childhood education for children and families impacted by economic and racial inequities by providing tuition-free Montessori for preschool-age children. Most of our children enter as English language learners.
The Coordinator will have strong administrative and parent engagement skills. They will be compassionate, thoughtful, patient, and highly organized and excited by a position focused on school admin and family engagement that also includes significant time to be with students and parents. This position requires a self-starter with solid professional judgment, de-escalation skills and calm in a crisis and will be the back-up Site Administrator. They will be skilled at prioritizing and planning work functions, and a positive and strong communicator to act as a HUB within our programs. This position requires Oregon Fingerprint and Criminal Check clearance, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate attained promptly prior to working at the site.
They will be “We Focused – what WE can accomplish together”. Calm and kind, gets along well with others and thrives in a kid centered environment and can build positive trusting relationships with parents with diverse backgrounds/home languages. They will use their Spanish and English communication skills daily to support our students, families, and mission.
This position will be responsible for performing a variety of administrative & parent engagement/outreach specific tasks. This will include community outreach, student enrollment and attendance tracking, vaccination record collection, support for our transportation & nutritional program, collaboration with MECP and other organizational partners, system and file organization and upkeep, data gathering/entry and running and evaluating reports. This position requires a self-starter, who is a quick learner with solid professional judgment, de-escalation skills and calm in a crisis and will be the backup Site Administrator.
This position is full-time M-F and will include occasional evening and weekend hours related to parent/school events and professional development training from time to time. This position will require focused training on early childhood education topics to attain an ORO Step 4 within year 1, and ORO Step 7 over time.
AEME is a non-profit which is expanding to open new tuition free Montessori early childhood education programs to neighborhoods within the Portland Metro community.
Program Coordinator Qualifications:
• Experience Required: 2+ years relevant professional experience -administration & parent engagement.
• Bilingual Spanish and English: verbal and written.
Strong Preference for Candidates with the Following Qualifications/Experience:
• Has valued lived experience or professional development skill set relevant to our student/team needs.
• Experience working in a school environment with regular contact with parents/families.
• Associates or University undergraduate degree.
• Knowledge and experience of the Montessori Education Model.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time school- year non-exempt position. The school year timeline is Mid-August to end of June each year. The starting hourly wage for this position is $27.50 with defined wage add-on’s (Example: College Degree, Montessori Expertise, Years of Relevant Work Experience).
Our benefit package includes generous paid time off, including:
• Paid School Holidays – 9 days.
• Paid Vacation: Winter Break, Spring Break and 4 additional days of PTO
• Paid sick leave – 80 hrs. FT, As well as other paid leaves such as Bereavement & Jury Duty.
Core benefits also include:
• 100% employer paid Health, dental, vision and alternative care insurance for employees.
• Option for health, dental, vision and alternative care for family (20% employer contribution)
• 403B retirement plan with Employer contribution
• $50k Life Insurance policy
• Disability Insurance (short-term via State of Oregon, & long-term via AEME)
• Professional Development Opportunities
View a PDF of the job description here.