Assistant Head of School
Harmony Montessori School
August 1, 2022
Harmony Montessori is seeking an Assistant Head of School with the goal to move into the Head of School position beginning June 2023. The Assistant Head of School will spend the 2022-2023 school year learning the Head of School role, assisting the current outgoing Head of School in administering and implementing the school’s mission and policies. This position in partnership with the Head of School will exhibit leadership for the day-to-day operations and the overall well-being of the school.
Harmony Montessori is deeply committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusiveness and seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, children, and families. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*This is a part-time position for the 2022-2023 school year. 20 hours a week. (There is some flexibility for this position to be incorporated with other duties to be full-time for the right candidate)
*The ideal candidate for this position will hold a Montessori teaching credential, have worked in a Montessori environment, or have extensive knowledge of Montessori philosophy. All candidates must meet state licensing requirements for the position.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 4 hours a day, some flexibility is available in schedules
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or business management
* 1-3 years of supervisory/administrative experience
* Experience working with children and a passionate commitment to Montessori Philosophy.
* Experience with accounting, fundraising, and marketing.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A warm and positive demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
* Capacity to understand and manage staffing and enrollment
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to create collaborative, positive work environments.
* Familiarity with non-profit organizations and operations.
* Experience working with people from a variety of backgrounds
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities with a positive attitude
When applying, please send a resume, cover letter, and a diversity statement to the hiring committee at Employment@harmony-montessori.com.
The diversity statement should address the following questions:
*What do diversity, equality, and inclusion mean to you?
*Why is diversity important for a school like Harmony Montessori?
*How do you work to ensure the school environment is inclusive and welcoming to Staff, Teachers, Students, and Families?
*What would you like to do in this role as it relates to diversity and equity?