All School Teacher Assistant
Sunstone Montessori School
Sunstone Montessori School is a well-established, well-respected AMI Montessori school with an incredible community of engaged parents, thriving students, and dedicated staff. Our passion is helping children maximize their potential in academically strong, emotionally nurturing, and socially supportive environments.
We have an immediate opening for someone who is dependable, flexible, and loves working with children as much as we do. As our full-time, whole-school, classroom and school support staff member, you will have the opportunity to assist in all seven of our classroom environments and gain experience working with children across all of our program levels - Toddler (16 months - 3 years), Children’s House (3-6 years), and Elementary (6-12 years) as well as provide support around the school.
Duties: You will step into the classrooms to provide coverage in the absence of regular classroom staff members. You will work in collaboration with other classroom staff, support the culture and daily routines of each individual classroom, and help maintain a consistent environment for the children. When not in the classroom you will fulfill a wide variety of support tasks for our entire school, such as material making, administrative support, etc.
Your duties may include, but are not limited to, supporting children’s independent activity, taking observational notes, supervising on the playground and in the bathroom, assisting nappers, cleaning and maintaining the classroom environment and/or common spaces, providing breaks for other staff members, preparing materials, etc.
Hours: Our program hours are 7:30-5:45. You will typically work an 8-hour shift with two paid 10-minute breaks and one unpaid half-hour lunch. This is a year-round, full-time position.
Benefits: You will receive FULL benefits including:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Option for a Flexible Spending Account
- Option for a Health Savings Account
- The chance to work with an amazingly fun group of people who value and care about you
- (Preferred) At least one year of classroom or group childcare experience and/or a degree in Education or Child Development
- Passion for working with children from 16 months through 12 years old
- A compassionate and respectful communication style is a must
- Positive attitude, and calm presence
- Interest in and desire to learn more about the Montessori philosophy
- Very organized with a keen eye for detail
- Eagerness to grow and contribute
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable wearing a mask
Qualifications Needed (obtainable upon hire):
- Enrollment in the Oregon Central Background Registry
- Current CPR/1st Aid, RRCAN, Intro. to Health & Safety, Prevention is Better than Treatment
- Food Handlers Card
- Full COVID vaccination per Oregon State requirements
Pay: $16-$18/hour DOE